Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why I Love the Internet

My plane from Cape Town arrived at 5:40 a.m. Dubai time, which is 3:40 Cape Town time. After a summer of catching up on rest, this was a rude awakening--literally. But I knew that Dubai Int'l had a free lounge for travelers with long layovers, so I anticipated a decent rest.

The only catch is that the Emirates staff will wake you up should you "accidentally" doze off in the lounge. Particularly if you do so curled up on a couch, using your jacket as a blanket.

And so it was that I googled "sleeping Dubai airport," which led me here, and onto the lounge chairs near the departure gates. Essential information for poor students! I am now semi-rested, and with a free Emirates lunch to boot. There were even fresh fruits and vegetables involved.

Now, if only "Cape Town haircut" had been a little more fruitful . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment