Monday, August 17, 2009

Standing Upright on the Ground

I'm home.

It was indeed rough and rocky traveling, but each time I landed at an airport this summer, there was breaking news footage of a plane that had gone missing or crashed. So while the annoyances felt epic (luggage breaking on the way to Heathrow! 10 hours in an emergency room!), I'm grateful to be safely back in Pittsburgh. It's so nice to come home to my friends, my apartment, and the many familiarities that have shaped my life here.

Tomorrow morning we start our second year of medical school, which feels like a race to the boards in April and clinical rotations in May. But first: a week-long pharmacology class that culminates in a Saturday morning exam.

I will not complain.

I will not complain.

I will not complain.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back safely! (Minus a trip to the ER... what's up with that?) I hope you'll keep blogging even though you're home - I enjoy reading about your adventures in med school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, pom! The ER thing was no fun, but annoying more than anything. I'll spare the blogosphere the gory details, except to say that my research became very personal with two consecutive doses of IV morphine. Reminds me of your post about wisdom teeth anesthesia, only I didn't get cell reception from the hospital. Probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rest of med school turned out all right, I think....

    ReplyDelete