Monday, June 22, 2009

To the left, to the left

Not much to update on today -- just preparing for interviews, which start tomorrow.

I am renting a car to get myself from hospices to hospitals to Department of Health offices, and I am uncharacteristically nervous about driving. I have been adequately warned about the maniacal South African drivers, and to stay to the left; however, the fact that I thought my friend was taking me the wrong way down the street does not bode well. Wish me luck!

On an entirely unrelated note, I wanted to share this, courtesy of a fellow palliative medicine person. I feel that I'm minimizing its impact by telling you that it's Roger Ebert (he of the famous thumb) reflecting on his own mortality. It is well worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Two thumbs up for Ebert's piece. (Is that tacky?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! It's only tacky if you don't think about death for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "People who think about death for a living"--I think I might start a facebook group!

    ReplyDelete