I spent the morning in Fish Hoek, interviewing the interdisciplinary care teams (doctor, nurses, social worker, chaplains--hello Mariska and MB!) about their experiences with pain control. They were really helpful and I learned a lot about some of the system barriers that are preventing optimal pain relief. And while I'm not actually sure where my medical career will take me, I do know that I have huge amounts of respect for the team model that I've seen in palliative care.
I took the combination of a productive morning and some good weather as a sign that I should spend the afternoon exploring, which I did. How much do I love summer research?
I ate here:

And then went down to Boulders Beach and saw the penguins:


If my commute home looked like this every day, I'd be pretty happy:

I ended the day with a fantastic sushi dinner with E. and her daughter. We availed ourselves of all the seafood Cape Town has to offer. Oh, and I had springbok sushi. It was pretty amazing.
Next up: hiking Table Mountain in the morning with officemates. The weather has promised to cooperate this time.

PENGUINS. For some reason, I am totally fascinated by those pictures. I only picture them in zoos or in freezing arctic landscapes... not toddling along the beach!
ReplyDelete